Re: wireless fail after stretch installation

On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 23:17:07 +0000 (UTC) Long Wind sent:

> i've just installed stretchi've config wireless during
> installationand it work during installation but after i boot into
> stretch, wireless doesn't worki didn't install network manager during
> installation how can i get wireless to work now?Thanks!

	After contemplation, my reply is:

I have just installed Stretch on a laptop, used the net install image
and used the wireless connection instead of the Ethernet.

It left me with a very bare bones /etc/network/interfaces which was to
be expected, having run into this before:

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system #
and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

Source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface auto lo iface lo inet loopback

That was all, I had to enter:

# The primary network interface
# allow-hotplug eth0
iface enp5s0 inet dhcp

# The primary network interface
# allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlp6s0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid xxxxx
wpa-psk xxxxxxxx

I don't allow hotplugging of anything, for various reasons, needing no
explanation here.

I used the "eth0" and "wlan0" for old times sake. [laughing]

Then used;

ifup wlp6s0

in a terminal, which is the way I always bring up the internet.

Hope that helps, though it might be a bit primitive.

Charlie