Re: Some tasks very slow after upgrade from Jessie to Stretch

Richard Hector wrote:

> So you've got a jessie system that won't boot with the jessie kernel,
> but will boot with the wheezy kernel?
>
> While you've got the keyboard and screen handy, you could try the
> jessie-backports kernel, which is more similar to the stretch kernel,
> and if that works you should be ok to upgrade.

AFAIR the problem was something related to initrd creation. When you install
the new kernel under wheezy, the initrd is created from within the old
kernel. It was many years ago though.
One problem I had was pivotroot, switch_root or alike. But in all other
cases it worked fine. No idea why in this case it created not working
initrd

regards