Re: Some tasks very slow after upgrade from Jessie to Stretch

Slightly different issue but I am part way through an upgrade from
Whezzy to Stretch.  After the upgrade to Jessie my (headless) computer
failed to boot.  After a struggle getting keyboard and screen it
stalled after loading the kernel, probably a broken initrd file

It booted OK with  the last Whezzy kernel but I am afraid to try to
upgrade to Stretch with this suspect system.  Problem is this machine
is the interface between the LAN and the Internet so without it things
are difficult
==John ffitch