Re: System won't boot anymore after upgrade to jessie

> Truly, it boots correctly with the old kernel 3.2, but not with 3.16.
>
> In the kernel 3.16 case, moreover, when the initramfs prompt is shown, it
> seems not to load the usb keyboard so i'm truly able to do anything.

This sounds like the initramfs doesn't have the appropriate modules
built into it.
I suspect that your /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf has MODULES=dep.
You should try changing that to MODULES=most; and then rebuild the
initramfs using something like:
update-initramfs -vu;

Unfortunately is already 'most'. There is a way to check which modules are included in the actual initramfs?
I'm not sure how initramfs works when you have different kernels available. There is an initramfs image for each kernel? I mean, if I do an update-initramfs and I booted with kernel 3.2, the command will affect the 3.2 initramfs or the 3.26 initramfs?
If I screw up the old kernel boot I couldn't boot for good.

This should provide information on the modules that are being added to
the initramfs, which should include the lvm modules and the ehci
modules. [The missing ehci/ohci modules are likely what is causing your
USB keyboard to not work.]

Yes, there's a specific module to manage raid? Maybe the problem it's that.

On Tue, 09 Jan 2018, Elisabetta Falivene wrote:

> Hi,
> I did an upgrade from debian 7 wheezy to debian 8 jessie on the master of a
> cluster (1 master + 8 nodes). It seemed all went well. Then I rebooted the
> machine and the problems began. I can't boot the master anymore returning
> an error:
>
> *Running scripts/local-block*
>
> *Unable to find LVM volume*

[...]
> *modprobe: module ehci-pci not found in modules.dep*

[...]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot
possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to
get at or repair.
 -- Douglas Adams  _Mostly Harmless_