System won't boot anymore after upgrade to jessie

Hi,
I did an upgrade from debian 7 wheezy to debian 8 jessie on the master of a cluster (1 master + 8 nodes). It seemed all went well. Then I rebooted the machine and the problems began. I can't boot the master anymore returning an error:

Running scripts/local-block

Unable to find LVM volume

Running scripts/local-block

Unable to find LVM volume

... (lot of times)

gave up waiting for root device. Common problems:
- Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
- check rootdelay= (did the sistem wait long enouth?)
- check root= (did the sistem wait for the right device?)
- missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT! /dev/mapper/system-root does not exist. Dropping to a shell!"
modprobe: module ehci-pci not found in modules.dep
modprobe: module ehci-orion not found in modules.dep
modprobe: module ehci-hcd not found in modules.dep
modprobe: module ohci-hcd not found in modules.dep

Busybox v1.22.1 (Debian 1:1.22.0-9+deb8u1) built-in shell (ash)
Enter help for a list of built-in commands

 /bin/sh can't access tty job control turned off
(initramfs)

Anyway, in grub there are two available kernel to boot

kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64

kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64 (that is 3.16.43-2 kernel)

Truly, it boots correctly with the old kernel 3.2, but not with 3.16.

In the kernel 3.16 case, moreover, when the initramfs prompt is shown, it seems not to load the usb keyboard so i'm truly able to do anything. I tried to boot in 3.16 recovery mode and I get the same error. lvm2 module is installed and up to date. The system has 6 hard disk in raid as far as i know.

What is happening?

Thank you very much

Elisabetta