Re: How to create a PDF-Printer from the command line

On Friday 05 January 2018 22:06:22 Jason wrote:

> On a RasperryPi with Raspbian, I would like to create a PDF Printer to
> print files to. I only know how to do this with the GUI program
> system-config-printer but I don't want to install that on this
> Pi. What shell command do I need to create a PDF printer on the Pi (or
> on any Debian, for that matter)?
>
> Thanks!

This is all handled by cups, and on Jessie on a pi, or stretch on a
rock64, it just works. But since you need cups anyway, why not enable
browsing in cups on the pi, and "share" any printers you may have hooked
up to one of the other machines on your home network. Then just send the
print job to the printer(s) that will show up when you click on print in
any of the editors, includeing the gfx editors like gimp or inkscape?

I can be working on a piece of g-code to carve metal, using geany, need a
paper copy for reference, its only 20 pages, and its waiting for me on
the output tray of a b&w laser here in the den by the time I arrive in
here from the garage. I needed the exercise anyway. :)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)