Re: kmail and encrypted mails

Hans (2018-12-25):
> IMHO kmail could use the already existent key from me, but kmail does it only
> accept as a "signing key". That looks strange and is not logically in my mind.

I get this from your mail:

# gpg: Signature made Tue Dec 25 11:24:13 2018 CET using DSA key ID 5F093FF8
# gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found

I did not manage to find your key on key servers, but there is enough
information here: DSA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Signature_Algorithm

It cannot be used for encrypting, only for signing, that is because of
its mathematical design. On the contrary, for example, a RSA key can be
used for both signing and encrypting.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George