Re: Time Domain Reflectometer (was Re: internet outages)

On 12/24/18 1:27 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 24 December 2018 12:29:53 rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

On Monday, December 24, 2018 08:39:18 AM Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 24 December 2018 08:18:27 Carl Fink wrote:
On 12/24/18 7:37 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
I have a firmware update file kit for it, but it requires a dos
box with a usb port. When was the last time you saw one of them?
Short answer is never.

Doesn't freeDOS support USB? I know they recommend booting off a
USB drive.

There's a commercial DOS driver, DOSUSB, but it's very expensive.

I'll have to check that FreeDOS out. Unforch this old Asus board
won't boot from usb.

There is (are?) dos emulator(s?) for Linux -- do any of those support
a usb port?

No clue, thats another round tuit I've misslaid someplace. And ATM. I
have 2 milling machines broken and am having to buy a third to fix the
1st one. But the ball screw I need to fix the 2nd one seems to be made
from pure unobtainium, an 8mm by 500mm. The best I can do is only 130mm
long. :(

Just so you know, they are republishing Carl and Jerry from Popular Electronics. I just received the first year collection, sold over at lulu.com :) Ric