Re: ssh trouble

Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 10:00:12PM +0000, Glenn English wrote:
>> Hmmm. When I search the web to find out what KexAlgorithms means, I
>> find I've been there before (the 76 year old memory is less than
>> optimal). Looking more promising. Thanks, Marc.
>
> Key Exchange Algorithms.  Should be documented in ssh_config(5) and
> sshd_config(5).
>
> The important point is that the client will have a list of these things,
> and the server will have a list of these things, and there must be at
> least *one* in common between the two lists, or else communication will
> not occur.

And further to that, there have to be an agreeable modulo size in
certain cases as well (I think for the "Diffie-Hellman" based
algorithms).  Ran into THAT being a problem when ssh changed from
minimum 1024 to 2048 (apparently, some old box of mine was still running
with <2048-bit at the time).

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947