Re: Resolution -- Re: Asserting local repository is trusted (man page problem?)

On Tue 18 Dec 2018 at 10:10:21 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 12/18/2018 09:25 AM, mick crane wrote:
> > I've got into trouble for replying to list emails in the past but I
> > would advise rather than worrying about understanding everything that
> > comes along get something you want the computer to do and worry about
> > those bits.
> >

> <chuckle> Actually I suspect I conform to your suggestion. It is just that I
> have an atypical permutation of background, motivations, and goals.

You have no more atypical desires and are no more special than many
other Debian users.

> I'm retired, have an engineering (NOT Comp Sci) background, spent decades in
> [engineering support, QA, QC, customer service], and a need to understand
> some of low level details of Debian. My long term goal is a minimalist
> system with a low internet data cap for retrieving packages. To that end
> I've occasionally done a half dozen full installs in a day.

Getting a minimal system is easy. You are aware of two accounts on
the wiki which you have never criticised. Whether you have ever tried
them is a different matter.

--
Brian.