Re: do you find old firefox is better than new one?

Thanks! i don't have any add-on on both firefoxes
and i haven't check scripting on web pages
and maybe i'm unable to read scripts

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 7:07 PM, Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@gmx.net> wrote:

Dear Long Wind:
Usually I don't reply AOL but in this case I second that.
I'm an unhappy Firefox-user on Debian and am looking for alternatives.
Yes, I do have many tabs open, 'cause I need them. I got plenty of memory but
Firefox does not seem to use it efficiently.

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 9:32:07 AM -03 Long Wind wrote:
> i have 52.9.0 and 45.9.0, both for stretch
> new one often becomes unresponsive,
or slows down extremely ...
> and i have to close it and restart it
> it often happens when i first start it
> maybe some function/service is blocked in China
I cannot second this behaviour. Do you use some or many extensions? Maybe
legacy add-ons?
What about scripting on those pages? Here often enough scripts are stopped.
> it seems it's doing something impossible, and takes much cpu resource
> but old firefox also face blocking
Often 1 cpu of 4 is 100% in use without anything happening.

> i can't describe it in more details or reproduce problem

Same here. Modern browsers are such a conglomerate of code that describing a
problem is very difficult or impossible, even less pinning it down, not to
mention debugging it.

Unfortunately I also was never happy with Safari on OSX nor with IE or later
with Edge on Win7 or 10 when I was compelled to use it.
My use of Firefox on OSX or Win10 is not as intense as on Linux so I cannot
directly compare the OSes in this respect. As a consequence I shall not throw
blame on the OS.

Life is too short for browsers.

Cheers,
Eike