Possible bug: "safely remove drive" freeze the system

Hello,

I have the issue in the subject when a right click on a USB drive and click on "safely remove drive". I am on Debian 9.6 with gnome.
It happen with different drives and different usb ports.
Looking on the www it was an old 2.6 kernel bug.
Below hostnamectl output concerning architecture.
If a patch already exist may you point me there?
Thank you.
Daniele

:~$ hostnamectl

  Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
            Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64
      Architecture: x86-64