Re: Debian social

On 2018-12-11, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

>> On 2018-12-10, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Beyond that, I *thought* I remembered a few times seeing long
>> > threads being (politely) advised to move it on over to offtopic,
>> > meaning the listserv I thought I remembered..
>> >

>> Yeah, but apparently the off-topic group was consistently drifting
>> on topic to the point where many were advised to move there technical
>> prolixities and proclivities over here (and vice versa, of course, as
>> you've pointed out).
>>
>> You can't win.
>>

> As I've pointed out before, this list is named debian-*user*, not
> debian-technical-things-only-or-you-will-burn-in-hell-for-eternity.

Did I say that?

What you quoted up there of mine (where I said there instead of their
up there) was an attempt at jocularity. I know you're the moral arbiter
around these parts, repeating yourself and pointing things out and all,
but give me a break.

--
He used sentences differently from any other prose writer. He always sounded
like a slightly drunk man who is very melancholy, who has no illusions about