Re: issues with stretch, issue 2 from many

On Mon 03 Dec 2018 at 08:52:06 (+1300), Richard Hector wrote:
> On 1/12/18 5:49 AM, Brian wrote:
> >> fvwm2
> >> ==========================cut here========================
> > My .xsession has "exec fvwm" as the last line but I do not think that
> > makes your choice incorrect.
>
> The difference is presumably that the former calls fvwm2 and then
> returns to the shell script when it's finished.
>
> The latter replaces the shell script, so anything that would run after
> it (like another window manager?) won't run.

While that's true, it doesn't make much difference with respect to the
problem because fvwm2 was the last line of the script anyway.

One difference it *does* make is that not exec-ing it means that
there's an extra shell sitting there throughout *this* invocation of
fvwm2.

But, while posting .xsession on its own might make sense if you're
starting X simply with startx, it only gives a fraction of the story
if you're using a DM. This is presumably why the OP gets two WM
instances (the DM starts one, .xsession starts the other), and I don't
have a clue which is the "right" one with the ssh stuff in it.

Cheers,
David.