Re: systemd+anacron breaks cron jobs?

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 1:40:03 PM UTC+5:30, Kamil Jońca wrote:
> Rusi Mody writes:
> > Best bet is switch to using systemd timers

> Second question: Why systemd kills my jobs? (Yes I know what parameters
> are responsible for this, but why they are configured that way?)

I am no expert of systemd. Heck Im not even a noob!
Just saying that timers seems to be the systemd way in place of cron/anacron

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/278564/cron-vs-systemd-timers

> Ekhem. My personal cron entries are called regardles I am logged in or
> not. How can I achieve this with systemd "user" timers?

The specific answer is (I guess!) to look at persistent/ linger etc options

The wider answer maybe: Do you really need to use user units? Especially when
you explicitly want their usage dissociated from user sessions?