Re: SSH & X11 forwarding

	Hi.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 02:48:09PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> Hi list members,
>
> I have not used X11 over ssh for years now. But today is the day! And it does not work....
> The remote console tells me 'Xt error: Can't open display: :0'.

What does it exactly say while logging you in?

> X11Forwarding is enabled on client and server, 'xhost +' on the client, DISPLAY is set. IPv6 is disabled on both ends with sysctl and in sshd_config. Client runs with xfce.

Every position in this list seems redundant to me, short of xfce part.
You definitely do not need to run X server at the host to which ssh connnects to, X11 Forwarding works perfectly via IPv6, and you definitely do not need to set $DISPLAY by hand in the ssh connection.

> What did I miss?

A wild guess - installing xauth. And running sshd -Xv.

Reco