Re: Mounting LVM logical volumes in break=premount

Le 21/11/2018 à 09:31, Sophie Loewenthal a écrit :

I could not mount some LVM ext4 filesystems on a server earlier this week and was trying to work out what I had to do to make it work.

I had booted into break=premount ( added to the end of the linux line in Grub ) to fix an error in /etc/fstab that caused root from mounting

I could access volume groups via the LVM command:
%  lvm vgs
VG  #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize    VFree
vg0 1   4   0 wz--n-  <99.50g  <28.11g
vg1 1   1   0 wz--n- <500.00g 1020.00m

but when I ran ,
% mount /dev/mapper/vg0-root /tmp/a
I recall a message stating the fs count not be mounted because of wrong file system type.

1) Make sure the LV is activated, e.g. with vgchange -ay
2) The mount command in the initramfs may require to specify the filesystem type explicitly with -t.