keyboard configuration issue

Hello,

I just installed debian 9 on my laptop. I encrypted the disk, so I have to type a keyphrase before accessing the data on the disk. I also have a user account and have to type my password to log in. I have been trying to set the french bepo keyboard, instead of the default azerty one. I followed the instruction from this link : https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard

From this point, when I had to type my password to decrypt the disk, I had to type in azerty, but when I had to log in my user account, I had to type the password with the bepo keyboard. And then, once logged in, the keyboard was set back to the classic french azerty layout again. So I tried the commands given in the first answer here : https://superuser.com/questions/646425/permanently-change-default-language-and-keyboard-settings-what-am-i-missing

Now, when I power on my computer, I have to type the decrypt password in bepo as well as my log in password, but once logged in, the layout is still set back to the azerty layout.

How can I force the layout to stay consistent once logged in my user account ?

Thank you for your time and help.

redmood