Re: glibc_2.27-8 build fails on Butcher (testing)

On 11/20/18 3:30 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 03:02:12PM +0900, Tetsuji Rai wrote:
>> As the tutorial ( https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingTutorial ) says,
>>
>> download with "apt-get source libc6" in my ~/work-glibc, and cd
>> glibc-2.27, then download build dependencies with "sudo apt-get
>> build-dep libc6", then rebuild with "debuild -b -uc -us".
>>
>> After a while, I got these errors.  But I might run "debuild -b -uc -us"
>> in ~/work-glibc/glibc-2.27/debian.  Does it matter?
>>
> Please don't top post.  It is considered impolite.
>
> There are few packages more complex than glibc.  Building using
> 'debuild' instead of building inside of a clean pbuilder, cowbuilder,
> schroot, or other build environment is sure to invite problems.
>
> My recommendation is to use one of those approaches instead of the
> 'debuild'.
>
> If you are interested in trying to get the build working with debuild
> then the entire build output will be needed.  You can redirect the
> output to a file (make sure to capture both standard output and standard
> error) and then post it somewhere (it will most likely be too large to
> send to the list as an attachment).
>
> Regards,
>
> -Roberto

I want to stick to debuild because it looks like a standard.   I am
recompiling with the logs.  I will report the logs (compressed) later.
So far error are given to only stdout.  I used

debuild -b -uc -us > ~/glibc-stdout.log 2> ~/glibc-stderr.log &

Regards,

-Tetsuji