Re: Install & restore backup: what if I use LVM?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 at 01:22, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

> Much more than install with LVM from the start.

You can install LVM if you want, but it might be worth while to take
note that you loose all the data if the disk fails underneath.  I had
a bad experience using LVM including more than one disk and everything
was lost when the disk failed - even on the disk that did not fail.
Backups did help, but that was an experience that made me decide never
to use LVM again.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)