Re: that other OS

On 2018-11-16 17:29, Brian wrote:
On Fri 16 Nov 2018 at 12:01:39 -0500, Doug wrote:

On 11/16/2018 11:32 AM, mick crane wrote:

> I use windows I'm not ashamed to say that.
> I noticed tho that there is a new message
> "Windows is a service..."
> This is that thing where they want people to pay a monthly fee to use
> the OS, like adobe apparently did with their photo suite.
> Just saying, prepare for stampede of ex windows users.

Are they going to send an "upgrade" that will stop Windows from working if
you don't subscribe?

The original post gave no reliable references; it looks like speculation.
You are now speculating on the speculation.

I almost never use Windows, altho the text reader program that I have used
for years on Windows is far superior to anything available for Linux.

Didn't take long to take an off-topic post even further off-topic and for
a reply to swallow the bait.

well I think it's relevant, I've contributed financially to some projects and if I had more I would contribute more but basically I am getting loads of excellent software for free
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31