Re: Why has nouveau vs. NVIDIA problem not been addressed?

Thank you for your kind reply. I downloaded the driver from www.nvidia.com for NVIDIA geforce GTX 678 video card driver.

It was a shell script with sh extension.

So until I blacklist nouveau completely from the Debian OS, Nvidia driver won't install. As a result, I had to blacklist nouveau completely and do other things.

One of the reasons for installing that driver is Cuda support on Debian.

So I was just saying if there were an easier method to choose between NVIDIA's driver from their website or nvidia-package and disable nouveau accordingly that would be great? Because Linux is about giving people choice alternative options. Isn't it?

Sincerely
Adrian D'Costa