Re: Dell Trackpad - No Primary Button

Kent West wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:04 PM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
>
> > Kent West wrote:

> > > "lsmod" reveals all three of these modules are installed.
> > >
> > > Just for kicks, I modprobe'd all three (with no visible response), but it
> > > made no difference.
> >
> > What does `sudo lshw -c input` tell you? Anything relevant
> > looking?
> >

> With my external mouse unplugged, the above command gives me nothing:
>
> $ sudo lshw -c input
> $
>

> > Same for 'xinput' while X is up.
> >

> $ xinput
> ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
> ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer
> (2)]
> ⎜   ↳ xwayland-pointer:13                         id=6    [slave  pointer
> (2)]
> ⎜   ↳ xwayland-relative-pointer:13                id=7    [slave  pointer
> (2)]
> ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
>     ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard
> (3)]
>     ↳ xwayland-keyboard:13                        id=8    [slave  keyboard
> (3)]

The existence of the xwayland things makes me think you might
have problems involving Wayland, which I am definitely not
qualified to diagnose.

My xinput shows:

$ xinput
⎡ Virtual core pointer                      id=2    [master
pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave
pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech M510                             id=11   [slave
pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech M570                             id=12   [slave
pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Blue Microphones Yeti Stereo Microphone   id=10   [slave
pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                     id=3    [master
keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                              id=8    [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                              id=9    [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ gspca_zc3xx                               id=13   [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ CM Storm Quickfire TKL 6keys              id=14   [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ CM Storm Quickfire TKL 6keys              id=15   [slave
keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=16   [slave
keyboard (3)]

which is a little weird because the mute button on the USB
microphone makes it a keyboard; but otherwise, you can see what
sort of things it ought to be showing.

Hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction.