Re: how to backup to an encrypted usb drive?

On 11/14/18, Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:01:38AM -0500, Lee wrote:
>> What are you using to backup your files to an encrypted usb drive?
>
> For the backup itself - dump(8) or xfsdump(8) (filesystem dependent).

Which seems to require restore or xfsrestore?

https://linux.die.net/man/8/xfsdump
  The media format used by xfsdump can only be understood by xfsrestore.
I can't tell from a quick look at dump/restore if I can look at files
on the backup media or not

> For the encryption of this hypothetical drive (I don't use USB drives
> for these purposes) - luks only.

Why don't you like USB drives for these purposes?
In other words, what am I missing?

Thanks,
Lee