how to backup to an encrypted usb drive?

What are you using to backup your files to an encrypted usb drive?

This is my first try at moving off windows, so it'd be best to assume
I know almost nothing about linux admin stuff.

What I've been using on windows is truecrypt to encrypt the drive and
1) unison + gui frontend to do a quick backup of selected files & 2) a
bat file that calls xcopy to copy files with the archive flag set to
YYMMDD/ on an encrypted drive (ie. an incremental backup; I do a full
backup every few months)

Thanks
Lee