Re: Pulseaudio as bluetooth Headset Audio Gateway (HSP/HFP)

Martin wrote:

> I wonder if some of you uses pulseaudio with cell phone telephony. For me,
> I see in the pulseaudio configuration window a Headset Audio Gateway
> (HSP/HFP) with is offered by an Android phone. But the Buetooth
> blueman-manager refuses to set this audio profile. A2DP works fine though.

Hi,
this topic is PITA for me since many moons.
I use Sailfish OS on the phone, but also spent some time recently on BT
integration with TDE. So to put it short, I recommend compiling and
installing PA 11.99 and higher. Someone reported that in 12.2 most of the
issues are resolved. Of course if you can get a backport is also fine.
The other thing is HSP/HFP profile. The protocols are different, I didn't go
into the details, but both should work fine - you need ofono installed for
this.
I actually tested the phone with recent car (I think it was KIA) and it
worked fine. Also the access to the phone book from the car was working
fine.

Do not forget that you depend on the BT lower level, so look forward to have
the kernel (drivers), the BT adapter and the tools in good shape.

Perhaps you use the crap python/gtk manager - it might work if you install
ofono (after installing you probably need to restart this and that). If it
does not work, just use bluetoothctl and play with UUIDs.
The problem is usually it picks up the first one profile available, which is
Audio. Here are the UUIDs from my notes

        { "00001108-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb", "Headset" },
        { "00001112-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb", "Headset AG" },

        { "0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb", "Handsfree" },
        { "0000111f-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb", "Handsfree AG" },

I hope it helps

regards