Re: 100Base-FX (SC) card PCI/PCIe

Hi Dan,

Am 2018-11-09 hackte Dan Ritter in die Tasten:
> 802.11(abcgnhjklq%) is plausible but suffers from a lot of
> interference.

We have (like in the USA) problems with criminals, using Wifi-Jammer.

> Fiber is reasonably cheap,

Yeah, I found <http://www.fs.com/> which seems VERY cheap even for
customised lenghts of OM3 SC/SC cables.

Gigabit, as someone sugested, would require OM4 cables which are
twice as expensive and also the Networkcards and switches.

I use for my "Serverbunker" a 16-port greenswitch (12V/2A) and for
every fiber cable a TP-Link MC100CM Media Converter.  On the other
end I use the Microsense MS453111 which has 7 x RJ45 100Mbit and 1 x
100BaseFX/SC (12V/1A).

I think this should work for all.

Oh, from the Server Bunker to the Portal I can use Fiber, but then
I can use my existing Cat5e Ethernet Earthcable to connect the first
4 IP-Cams and the SIP Interphone where I have not the need for any
protection pipes.

> although burying it in conduit or
> otherwise can get expensive or laborious.

I bought currently 400m protection pipe of 50mm diameter which I am
ongoing to place parallel with the HD-PE pipes and the electric cables.

> -dsr-

Thanks in advance

--
Michelle Konzack        Miila ITSystems @ TDnet