Re: debian-9.5.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso missing files for install without mirror

On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 07:04:00PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
On 11/3/18 1:41 PM, Michael Stone wrote:
On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 08:01:59PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
My intent was to install just what was on the CD onto a machine in my LAN.  I was unaware that d-i connected to the Internet when I told it not to use a mirror.  As security.debian.org is not a mirror in the usual sense, perhaps this kinda sorta makes sense to the Debian developers.  For me, it violates KISS and the Principle of Least Surprise.  I think the d-i needs to be more clear about if/ when it intends to connect to the Internet, and obtain explicit user approval.

Did you run an expert install? I believe that's one of the questions.