Re: Sound suddenly not working.

On 11/3/18 1:09 PM, Default User wrote:
Hi.

Running Debian, 64-bit Unstable, Cinnamon DE, on laptop.

Not very knowledgeable about sound stuff.

Sound okay last night.

Today did updates, no sound at all. (When in doubt, blame updates.)

Cinnamon sound settings applet shows "Dummy Output" as only output device, instead of "Speakers" as previously.

What to check?

Same here. Running Mate on Sid. I noticed libasound2 and libasound2-data were both upgraded yesterday and then my problem started. Maybe bug-filing time ??

--
Frank McCormick