Re: Strangeness when binary executable overwritten by text -- bug or feature?

On 2018-10-31, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Just to (maybe?) help with the proper focus, was this a human error or
>> > something that seemed to happen without human intervention?
>>
>> As I replied to Reco, "Cannot reproduce detailed PEBKAC ;< "
>
> Ok, then, it doesn't seem to indicate a disk problem (as some seemed to
> suspect).

Yeah, I didn't get that hard drive failure part either but thought it
was a question of superior knowledge and cleverness on the part of Mr.
R.

The OP probably should have started by saying, "I don't know how, but I
fucked up and overwrote a binary executable with a man page," and then
we all could've had a good laugh. At least he's reading those man pages.
I do note, however, he didn't say *info* page.

But I don't have a firm grasp of the issues involved here (if there are
any whatsoever), so I'll bow out (once again).

--
When you have fever you are heavy and light, you are small and swollen, you
climb endlessly a ladder which turns like a wheel.