Re: Strangeness when binary executable overwritten by text -- bug or feature?

On Wednesday 31 October 2018 10:39:17 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 October 2018 10:31:40 Reco wrote:
> > 	Hi.

> And will follow that rule about opening a can of worms will also
> immediately at least double the size of the can to put them back into.

Correction inserted above, this keyboard is a great keyboard around messy
machinery, but it silently shifts from insert to overwrite mode entirely
too easily with my short, somewhat fat fingers trying to type rapidly on
it. So adjacent keys get pushed which apparently interpreted as the
magic twanger that controls that particular function.

> > > ONLY if members of this group can't or wont read.
> > > I believe I rigorously complied with
> > > [http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]
> >
> > 'smartctl -a /dev/sda' output would be nice, but I won't insist on
> > it.

I will. Show us Richard.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett