Re: Help me Linux

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 08:17:13AM -0400, songbird wrote:

> > The reason for this mail is, I am not really very expert or well versed in
> > any computer language or any field of computer.
>
>   my statement above is based upon this sentence...

I went to a pretty good CS undergraduate program in the mid
1990s. It was fairly likely that a graduate would have most of
the skills you listed... and it was also plausible that a
barely-scraping-by graduate had none of them.

One of the required senior level courses was a survey of
currently interesting topics in the current market. It ended
with presentations from each student on something that they
had researched.

A student prepared a discussion of artificial intelligence which
did not mention any statistical techniques, neural networks,
biology, expert systems, biology, or really, anything of actual
interest. Much of the time was taken up by movie clips from The
Lawnmower Man. The actual text was mostly about how scary AI is.

I asked the only question in the Q&A afterwards: "Could you
explain what the difference is between AI and VR?" Some
stammering followed.

It's not always the course or the professor that fails a
student.

-dsr-