Re: Help me Linux and now waaaay off topic

On Tuesday 30 October 2018 12:55:14 Jude DaShiell wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2018, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 12:45:21
> > From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net>
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: Re: Help me Linux

> > > We;; you have been "grandfathered" in! Ric
> >
> > Both of us, but at 84, I'm still walking, short distances anyway,
> > usually with a stick though. But one Miller64 a day sure is hard on
> > a would be alky. Is good bbq sauce still your downfall?
> >
> > Sorry we ran off topic here folks, but I've known Ric for a lot
> > longer than he's been subbed to _this_ list.  And we're almost
> > neighbors, but the mountains get in the way. Mountains covered in
> > roads laid out by a copperhead, with a sidewinder someplace in its
> > dna. You can drive at the roads comfortable speed and get 12 mpg at
> > 35 mph peak, or you can get in a hurry showing somebody how its
> > done, and hit 50 mph at 3 mpg. BTDT, steering with the throttle.
> > Gas stations too far apart too, good thing that 83 ford 4wd pickup
> > had dual tanks in 1986.
>
> Based on the fact the producers of the Movie Titanic decided against
> windows and chose and used gimp for their graphics work gimp can
> probably eat corel draw's lunch and make corel draw like it.
> Fortunately, lots of youtube videos are available so checking these
> out can give you an idea how effective gimp will be to cover your use
> cases.
> Two of the apps I have on my iphone which may also be available on
> android if you use android are mini cards and kahn academy.  One or
> both may offer some help with mastering python.  Other python tutorial
> apps exist on the iPhone as well some for small fees and some others
> for larger fees.
> I can't say what goes on on Android since I don't use that operating
> system regularly enough to check these things out.

A word to those wise enough:

Good thing to stay away from, anything running android. One of their
apps, Samsung-Pay who apparently wants to be a paypal, is who phished me
on my landline 3 weeks ago, forceing me to stop that card and get a new
one.  They already knew _everything_ but the 3 digit number on the back
of the card! Fortunately, I was quick enough they didn't get anything.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)