Re: Help me Linux

On Tuesday 30 October 2018 11:20:28 Ric Moore wrote:

> On 10/30/18 10:55 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>
> >> First, the entire notion of an email list is to have a searchable
> >> problem which leads to a "SOLVED" resolution. Your subject line
> >> needs to be relevant to your problem for others after you to find
> >> it. Otherwise every plea for "Help me!" demands that you personally
> >> only benefit for the help given. Learn how to ask for help.
> >> https://unix.stackexchange.com/help/how-to-ask
> >> ...otherwise you are wasting the list resources. Ric
> >
> > +1. From one of the lists more prolific offenders, me.
>
> We;; you have been "grandfathered" in! Ric

Both of us, but at 84, I'm still walking, short distances anyway, usually
with a stick though. But one Miller64 a day sure is hard on a would be
alky. Is good bbq sauce still your downfall?

Sorry we ran off topic here folks, but I've known Ric for a lot longer
than he's been subbed to _this_ list.  And we're almost neighbors, but
the mountains get in the way. Mountains covered in roads laid out by a
copperhead, with a sidewinder someplace in its dna. You can drive at the
roads comfortable speed and get 12 mpg at 35 mph peak, or you can get in
a hurry showing somebody how its done, and hit 50 mph at 3 mpg. BTDT,
steering with the throttle.  Gas stations too far apart too, good thing
that 83 ford 4wd pickup had dual tanks in 1986.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)