Re: i386 version for chrome

On Saturday 27 October 2018 11:03:56 Matthew Crews wrote:

> [...]

Because its main application (LinuxCNC) is married to a 32 bit install,
wheezy ATM.

I understand a stretch version is being worked on, but the increased
latency involved in a 64 bit context switch is very very hard to
tolerate on real machinery. Real time kernels that actually work are
virtually non-existant on 64 bit machinery. I have one that almost works
on armhf, but it loves to throw away mouse and keyboard events, but that
goes away, or gets worse if you reboot.  And a good reboot is good till
the next power bump on that machine, running Jessie..

> Especially when the expectation of
> security updates and compatible software for modern web browsing is
> nearly, if not completely, zero.

Its certainly getting that way.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett