Re: Online copies of textinfo content available?

On 2018-10-27, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 26, 2018 06:10:13 PM Brian wrote:
>> On Fri 26 Oct 2018 at 18:02:39 -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
>> > It's probably been 15 years since I bothered looking at an info page --
>> > maybe there are no more duplicate man and info pages -- but I don't
>> > believe that.
>>
>> You can vouch for whatever you want. Without an example it is worthless.
>
> What would you do with an example?

I just thought of a cozy place for it.

whois
info
file
acpi

There's also the case of the (generally succinct) man page referring you
to the full documentation via the info page, the latter of which is
identical to the former, a rubbing-it-in kind of "bug" by which I've
been bitten in the past.

I can't summon an example of this frustrating insect offhand.

Jesus. Shoot me.

--
"Now she understood that Anna could not have been in lilac, and that her charm
was just that she always stood out against her attire, that her dress could