Re: versioning file system

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 05:32:52PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:

> Has anybody tried copyfs, fsvs, or anything else with file versioning?

In my experience, I have only found a need to version /etc and $HOME
(and really only parts of $HOME, as opposed to all of it).

I find that git works really well for that.  In particular, on Debian
you can install etckeeper and it will automatically commit any changes
to /etc before a package installation run, after a package installation
run, and on a daily basis.  You can also manually commit and customize
the message.

More than that might be overkill and/or more trouble than it is worth.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez