Re: Advice on mailing list software -- special requirements

BTW, I'm on the mailing list, so you don't need to copy me directly.

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 08:12:13 PM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:51:21 AM Dan Ritter wrote:
> > You have a weird restriction:
> I was trying to usurp Richard Owlett's position ;-)
>
> > "I don't want it to depend on (or be) an MTA"
> >
> > and MTA is pretty much the definition of "can receive and send
> > arbitrary email messages", which is what you need.
> >
> > courier is an MTA.
> >
> > enemies-of-carlotta and the others you mention depend on having
> > at least some MTA available to them.
> >
> > Given your restriction, you need a service.

I guess I could clarify -- I don't mind if the mailing list software uses my
ISP's MTA, I don't want to have one on my own machine.  (Note that I don't
consider kmail as being an MTA, but instead, being a Windows-style (mcow -- my
choice of words) email client, using POP3 and SMTP to communicate to my ISP
(and maybe to their MTA).

Anyway, as stated below, we'll probably use the service that has been
volunteered to us.