ntp problem in broadcastclients

I has this machine running ntp normally, and set to broadcast on the
$local/24 network.

I have 6 other machines on this local network, but only 2 are staying
with this machine timewise.

Does anyone have a clue why the other 4 are not, atm up to 35 seconds
diff between them?  They all have this at the bottom of
their /etc/ntp.conf:

disable auth
broadcastclient

No server entries on any of those, and this machine uses the debian pool
as servers, and is set to broadcast to $local network on .255.

Any clues of what else to check/change?

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)