Re: Advice on mailing list software -- special requirements

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018, at 14:53, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> (Aside to Jeff: Just sending you a copy of this for your information.)
>
> Background: I am working with a Linux SIG that used to be part of a more
> general computer group.  We plan to change the name to mention "LUG" (GLVLUG
> -- Greater Lehigh Valley Linux User Group).
>
> I want to establish a mailing list for the group.
>
> I want to find either:
>
>    * a "service" that would host a mailing list for the group for free

Try: https://www.freelists.org/

I've been a subscriber on several mail lists hosted by them, for years, and the
service does seem solid.  As far as I know they do not offer any sort of web-
based interface for subscribers (the login option on their website is - last time
I looked, anyway - for the administrator(s) of specific lists.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.