problems with an external monitor after suspending session . . .

 On:

$ uname -a
Linux niggahme 4.9.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.82-1+deb9u3
(2018-03-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux
~
 I am using a samsung 32" TV through its HDMI port:

 https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/LN32A450C1DXZC/

 http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200803/20080310190040609_BN68-01395C-00L02-0219.pdf
~
 because I use a laptop which monitor is broken to access the Internet
and also out of convenience (a larger monitor).

 The problem is that after suspending the machine, when I reactivate
it, the display output doesn't go to the monitor and after I close the
broken display of the laptop the monitor either awakens to a black
background or initially shows some orange and pink stripes on a green
background.

 As I did with the other display I had, I have disabled all kinds of
power management options, set up that monitor as the primary output
... to no avail.

 How can I make that kind of setup awaken back into the samsung monitor?

 lbrtchx