Re: An appropriate directory search tool?

On 2018-10-21, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, and I like that ability to use standard input!
>
> I tried the following, and the output from -L and -l seems almost the same,
> except for that extra line that says "(standard input)" when I use the -l
> option.

For -l, I guess grep's returning the "file" (standard input) when the first match is
found (as per the man page).

For -L, I guess it will keep going until you give it test, at which point it stops,
returning nothing (stops at the first non-match).

We'll wait for more informed theories to follow.

--
"Now she understood that Anna could not have been in lilac, and that her charm
was just that she always stood out against her attire, that her dress could