Re: An appropriate directory search tool?

On 10/20/2018 06:24 AM, Joe wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:44:37 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 04:32:43AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
I think my original post needs a rewrite ;/

I'm looking for a directory search tool with specific capabilities
which would fit comfortably with my work environment.

[...]

I suspect that what I want would most likely be a command line tool.
Perhaps a script will be required. But, before reinventing the
wheel, I ask "Does an appropriate command already exist?"

[...]

Judging by your (second) post, I get the feeling that the answers
given in this list haven't reached you (at whatever level). Most
of them were quite positive: "yes, such a tool exists, it's called
'find'", some of them even implemented a sketch of a solution to
your concrete example.

Since you don't even try to make reference to *any* of the numerous
proposals flung around here, I'm at a loss on how to help you.

For now, I'll just give up, sorry.

I took it to mean that he wants a GUI tool.

No.
I date from days of 026, KSR-35, VT 100 , S100 and CPM-80.
Many years spent with M$ Windows --> gui user.
If a GUI does the task, good.
However flexibility frequently requires working with command line.