Re: An appropriate directory search tool?

I think my original post needs a rewrite ;/

I'm looking for a directory search tool with specific capabilities which would fit comfortably with my work environment.

The "MATE Search Tool" comes close.
It can:
  Select a starting directory.
  Search for a specific extension.
  Search for a keyword in file content.
It cannot:
   Search ONLY the specified directory.
   Return files that DO NOT contain a keyword.

"ls" can search by extension and stay in specified directory but not
include/exclude keywords.

I suspect that what I want would most likely be a command line tool.
Perhaps a script will be required. But, before reinventing the wheel, I ask "Does an appropriate command already exist?" [My immediate problem involves only a couple dozen files so a manual search is feasible.]

My take away from answers so far is "A script will be required."
As I am exploring Tcl/Tk and this tool would provide input to a current Tcl project, I will use it rather than bash.

Thank you.