Re: firefox palemoon waterfox baselisk problem, not on chromium

	Hi.

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 08:20:16AM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> On 2018-10-20 07:22, Reco wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 02:16:57AM +0200, arne wrote:
> > > By-passed my proxies, did not help.
> > >
> > > Those sites all load OK in Chromium, but I do not like this browser.
> > >
> > > Strange thing, when I retry 2-80 times the pages get loaded.
> > >
> > > I use Tab Mix Plus Mozilla add-on to reload every 2 seconds until the
> > > pages load.
> > >

> > > In short:
> > > Secure Connection Failed
> > >
> > > Any ideas what can be the solution?
> >
> > A better question would be - what's the actual problem.
> > 'Secure Connection Failed' can refer to many things, such as
> > certificate/domain mismatch, certificate expiration, wrong TLS protocol
> > version etc.
> > Any Modern Browser™ hides these details from you, so Firefox (for
> > instance) itself is hardly suited for the troubleshooting.
> >
> > So I propose this for starters:
> >
> > openssl s_client -connect www.google.com:443
> >
> > Reco
>
> Is this something about google enforcing https everywhere ?

That's a part of the problem, of course. Plain HTTP does not have these
kind of problems (but there are another ones and HTTPS was invented to
solve these).
But I don't have any useful information (yet) to even start
suspecting something.

Reco