Re: perl; Trying to get File::stat to work

It looks like this has to do with mixing the usage of the "native" stat of Perl with the "object" version from File::stat.

The 'stat' from File::stat returns a reference to an object, which has the stuff you're wanting, tucked away internally as object variables.  You need to do:

    use File::stat;

    $statRef = stat('testfile');

    $mtime = $statRef->mtime ()

Hoping this helps.