Re: Slow firefox and high cpu usage

On Wed 17 Oct 2018 at 20:52:21 (+0100), Brian wrote:
> On Wed 17 Oct 2018 at 14:27:41 -0500, David Wright wrote:

> > > 1. Shift+F2 opens a CLI at the bottom of the page.
> > >
> > > 2. Type "s". It should autocomplete to "screenshot".
> > >
> > > 3. Then TAB.
> > >
> > > 4. Type "--f". It should autocomplete to "--fullpage".
> > >
> > > 5. TAB again and give a filename.
> > >
> > > The *.png can be printed. Gives the full page for a web page but only
> > > what is visible on the screen for about:config.
> >
> > I guess I didn't make myself clear: by print I meant print the
> > information text to the PDF queue, and not just a picture of the
>
> Which "pdf queue" is it you are talking about? There isn't one on
> Debian.

The one that's the target of
ii printer-driver-cups-pdf 2.6.1-22 amd64 printer driver for PDF writing via CUPS
99% of what I "print" on FF goes to PDF files rather than actually
applying any ink to paper.

> > information. The former means I can search/sort/filter it etc,
> > again at leisure.
> >
> > BTW I think I'm a little ahead of you here. I press the single
> > keystroke AltL-F11 for a window/root screenshot (with scrot).
> > However, in view of the number of pages, it's easier to press
> > Shift-AltL-F12 to start a video capture and then scroll through
> > the pages. On replaying it, I can use Pause to read it. But it's
> > not the same.
>
> Sort it out whichever way you want. If this fulfils your objective of
> "..print out the about:config page so tht it can be perused at leisure."
> then take it.

Not really, as I stated.

> I have nothing more to contribute.

Understood. Perhaps not one other person has ever wished to put the
contents of about:config into a text file, which may be why mozilla
make it near impossible to do. But if there is one other such person,
perhaps they know of a workaround. That person doesn't have to be you.

Cheers,
David.