Re: Slow firefox and high cpu usage

On Wed 17 Oct 2018 at 13:53:45 (+0100), Brian wrote:
> On Tue 16 Oct 2018 at 18:26:46 -0500, David Wright wrote:
> > On Tue 16 Oct 2018 at 18:42:19 (-0400), Felix Miata wrote:
> > > David Wright composed on 2018-10-16 17:07 (UTC-0500):

> > > prefs.js is a plain text file in the profile directory.
> >
> > Yes, but it only lists items that one has allegedly modified.
> > I estimate somewhere over 3600 options on the page (counting
> > PageDown keypresses), but only a couple of hundred or so in
> > that file.
>
> 1. Shift+F2 opens a CLI at the bottom of the page.
>
> 2. Type "s". It should autocomplete to "screenshot".
>
> 3. Then TAB.
>
> 4. Type "--f". It should autocomplete to "--fullpage".
>
> 5. TAB again and give a filename.
>
> The *.png can be printed. Gives the full page for a web page but only
> what is visible on the screen for about:config.

I guess I didn't make myself clear: by print I meant print the
information text to the PDF queue, and not just a picture of the
information. The former means I can search/sort/filter it etc,
again at leisure.

BTW I think I'm a little ahead of you here. I press the single
keystroke AltL-F11 for a window/root screenshot (with scrot).
However, in view of the number of pages, it's easier to press
Shift-AltL-F12 to start a video capture and then scroll through
the pages. On replaying it, I can use Pause to read it. But it's
not the same.

Cheers,
David.