Re: Slow firefox and high cpu usage

On Sat 13 Oct 2018 at 23:17:34 (-0400), bw wrote:

> Well packages in main should not rely on contrib or non-free?  If you need
> non-free or contrib to run firefox-esr on stretch to do your important
> work, then that is my point.  You hack it with a hosts file, okay that
> doesn;t count as a pkg, but the default pkg is a piece of insecure
> garbage,.
>
> You posted your use of non-free pkgs to rebut this? wtf?

Are we discussing FF and its dependencies, or have we moved on to the
topic of firmware needed to support the hardware that I've inherited
for running Debian on?

But I can't really debate points with someone who writes bald
statements like "the default pkg is a piece of insecure garbage";
sorry.

Cheers,
David.