Re: What are the differences between systemd and non-systemd Linux distros?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 01:20:53PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 12:05:58PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
2) systemd is supposed to be a security improvement over systemv.

It's a reliability and management improvement, not a security improvement

Perhaps OP was referring to some of the systemd features that allow you
to isolate the services it manages for security reasons (PrivateNetwork,
PrivateTmp, etc.¹)

¹ http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/security.html

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀